Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I can not tell you how much I LOVE this time of year. Anyone who knows me knows no matter the circumstances, the cold or problems going on, this time of year is just magical!
I find myself wanting to make more and more fun family traditions each year. I want my kids to love not only the excitment of Christmas morning, the presents and the parties but the fun we have together.
Tonight we had a family home evening on the importance of Christmas and why we celebrate this fabulous holiday. I feel like every year its repetitive with the same answer... because Christ was born. Y es there is good reason for that... because that is the reason! But as we talked I found my little family really talking about the importance of our Savior not just here at Christmas time in the month of December but all of the time. Right here right now TODAY i am truly grateful for a Heavenly father who loves me so much he sent his son to us. I am also so very lucky to have a Savior who loves me and gave up his life for me and because of him i can have an eternal life with my family. I hope my children's love only continues to grow stronger for there Heavenly father and Jesus Christ not just at Christmas but all year long.
Well we could not have a FHE without the best part...ACTIVITY! We built a gingerbread house that Kev's mom gave to our family. Its a good thing we don't enter ginger house building contests! The kids had a blast and are now seeing how long they can leave it up before eating it.... I could win that contest for sure!

1 comment: