Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I love Valentines! O.k let me re-word that. I love Valentines since i have had kids. I am not a flower girl by ANY means and really don't think February 14th you or your spouse should have to get a gift for each other. Just me. But having kids just made it fun for me I guess. I decorated each of the kids doors (yes a couple share:)) with conversation hearts with things on them that reminded me of them...ok mixed in with the "call me" and "Q.T. pie" They LOVED it!
Then we had our every year pink breakfast. This pic does these pancakes no justice on the color but they were AweSomE! They were a new recipe from GTU. Cake Batter Pancakes with icing! So YUMMY!

Then ofcourse my sweet kiddos made me Valentin's of there own. And ofcourse stuck them to my door and fridge. Tyson also made me this cute card made out of conversations hearts that read(the heart saying will be in quotations): "hey babe" Will you "say yes" to this letter. I go "crazy 4 u" "Cutie Pie". Your "My Girl" "Me&You" "Hold Hands" "Wink Wink". Text me if you like. "I love you" From Tyson. This made my day!


When the kids got home from school we took around valentines to a few friends/family then had our famous red dinner...Spaghetti. So simple yet such a great way to spend Valentines.

O i almost forgot. Kev did show the love on Saturday night when he sang Chris Ledoux to me. O not one verse THE WHOLE song! My mind is drawing a blank right now of the title. But lets just say its a good thing that i recognized the words to be good old Chris because at first i was a little lost :) If ONLY i would have known and could have recorder this moment! O how i love Kevin! And how he NEVER stops making me laugh!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Having kids makes holidays funner for some reason! I guess our reason to be cheesy huh! The Valentine fairy came to my house and decorated the kitchen with pink balloons and donuts for breakfast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I cant help but get the biggest smile when I see your blog and those cute kiddies of yours. What a cute mom you are, I love that idea of decorating the door!
    Love you and your life!!

    P.s. Would love to see Kevin sing... I couldnt picture it but would love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake batter pancakes with ice cream?! I'm sold. I'm really hoping the recipe is over on your food blog that I'm planning to visit after I get done here! And I totally agree about V-day only being fun because of kids. We just ignore it, but when I have kids I'll be conversation-hearting their doors and feeding them pink and red crap all day long. You're cute.

    ReplyDelete