Thursday, January 27, 2011

So today as i was driving to get the kids from preschool i had a thought come over me. I am one very lucky lady. I have wanted a few things lately and have been upset every time Kev tells me to be patient! Patience? What! I am not a small child i know. However i have felt that way lately on the side of being patient. Well along with having to be patient i realized i need to be happy with what i have NOW! Not rocket science right? But i need to do this not just say it. I know its not November when being grateful is at a all time high but i wanted to list what i am grateful for here today right NOW!
  • I am a stay at home mom. This to me is very personal and the utmost important. This is where i have always wanted to be. I have the best mom ever! She worked while we were growing up. We always had a clean home and home cooked meals and no I wasent deprived of her love. She rocked all the way around! But for me to be here when the kids leave in the morning, greet them when they get home from school, if my kids call and need me to get them, or they are sick and need me here at home, I am already here. I can help out at there schools and volunteer int here classrooms (wait maybe i should get a job lol). Though times have been hard being a 1 income family this is where I along with Kevin feel i am suppose to be.
  • My family ROCKS! My kids are doing good in school and like it. Somedays they even love it. Kev has work. Even with it being slow he still goes out and provides for our family. And hes hot! Total bonus.
  • I have a house. May be a simple one but i love it and i am glad its mine..along with BAF cant wait until one day its really ALL MINE!!!! We have property and animals. Some that benefit us others for just FUN! But it really is awesome out here.
  • I have 2 working legs. I really want a bike in the "things i want" a nice one. But $400 isn't in the budget so boy am i glad i can still run!
I could go on and on. These are just a few that were in my head while driving today. Given another hour i would have 10 more. So today and hopefully here on out i will try to be PATIENT and content and grateful for my many great things in my life :)

6 comments:

  1. Love this Shar! I agree on the stay at home mom thing. Love it and I am so thankful that I can!
    Hope you have a fabulous night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Shareen. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for what we have. I've been feeling sorry for myself that I'm not on some tropical vacation, but ya know what, I have healthy kids and a warm house and much more to be thankful for. I hope you get your bike though, we could ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too shar!! You are one lucky girl to love your fabulous so much! I want to be just like you when I grow up!!
    I also laughed so hard when you talked about peanut butter sandwiches!! haha...good old days!! Love ya!
    Oh, and yes, a bike is a great idea... then you can bike your way to California! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shar I am sure you are the best mom ever. Definately the funniest! Patience is such a hard one, I struggle with that one too. It's hard not be thankful for the amazing families we have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! I'm so glad you found my blog! :) I am like THEE biggest blog stalker on this planet. So no judgement!! You have such a cute little fam. :) Looking forward to stalking you in return! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good things to be grateful for. Not to mention the legs that you run on are super hot.

    ReplyDelete