Monday, May 24, 2010

On your mark get set....

FREEZE...What in the world is all I have to say about this May weather! Had's Hershey Track Meet this year was freeeezing! But since there was no rain to injure the kids on the track... they felt it neccesary for the show to go on.
The Hershey track meet consists of all the schools in Goshen(1), Santaquin(2), and Payson(4) getting together to race against one another in different events. The 50, 100, 200, and 400 meter dash and some other fun stuff. Hadlie did the 50 and the 100. I had no Idea Had could run as fast and good as she did. She amazed me. I told her she was so good and I was so proud of her. Then i said," you should try out for track in Jr. High." She said to me "No thanks i don't like to run." Non the less she was great and I was so proud of her.

Hadlie waiting for the100 to start in the cold...did i mention it was FREEZING!
All in all it was a good day. And I have to say Had was fun to watch and did such a great job!
Now for Tyson. Well to beat a dead horse the weather again was so lovely this month of May that his Hershey Track meet was rained out 2 Tuesdays in a row. Two horrible, windy, rainy, Tuesdays in a row! The kids were so bummed out that they missed the track meet so the 3rd grade teachers put together there own meet with there 3rd graders. Ty's was so excited because he was looking so forward to the meet and he loves to run. So on Friday they had there meet.

Just chilin waiting for the meet to start. Ty's was competing in the 200 and the 400. You could only pick 2 "meter" events and he was going big. He also did the long jump.

He took Second in the 200 (lost by a second...literally).

Second in the long jump.

And FIRST in the 400. HE ROCKED i tell ya! I could not believe how fast he was and how determined he was not to give up. We learned Ty's is great in long distance runs and can pull away from the other runners quiet well. Yes i may sound a little braggy but i was SO proud of him..it was 400 for heaven sakes! These meets go fromo 3rd grade to 6th so many more are to come. I will start crossing my fingers now for good weahter in 2011



1 comment:

  1. Soo cute! I think summer will come there soon!! Or you could always pack up the fam and come here, its nice and warm!! :)

    ReplyDelete