Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where I come from,

theres puppies and theres kittens, where i come from theres always some goat kiddin... Seriously, how could I pass up such a great Alan Jackson tune that fits our life so perfectly right now.

Spring is the best around here. I would not give up life on our farm for anything! My kids enjoy it just as much as we do. Who wouldn't love baby animals to play and take care of? As hectic and time consuming as it is we seem to look forward to spring and all of the excitement and hard work that comes with it.

This is what has happened in the past 7 days......

Our Australian Shepherd Liz had 11 puppies on March 4th. Yes that's right 11 adorable Border-Aussie puppies. She is the best dog and has been the best Mom to these little pups.

These pics don't even do these puppies justice.



My Blog title says it all. Here we are always kiddin around, with goats that is (o.k. so me too there for a while, but that has stopped!) This is the first goat kid born March 9th. She is a doe and her name is Roxy. I have 3 does left to kid (hopefully this month). Twins or possibly triplets are expected.

Roxy and her Mom Confetti.
So there you have a little start of what is to come here at the Carter farm. So with the lack of sleep I have been and will be getting if you pass by me and i am aunry just keep in mind... I'm "just kiddin" I'm the only one laughing aren't I? LOL O well.




6 comments:

  1. okay Roxy is so dang cute!!! Look at those big ears and her tiny little head! Oh and cute puppies too :) I've heard all about them from the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Shareen! I love all of those little babies. Roxy does have some sweet "little" ears. I wish I could see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! I wish we could get a puppy from you. I have a no pets in the house rule and we do not have a dog run or a fenced yard... I want to come see them! Can I bring Shelby down sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Kayla ofcourse. And these (in my opinion) are NOT house dogs for sure :) so freaking cute and fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. K, I'll call you soon! Wednesdays & Fridays are my days off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the cutest goats I've ever seen! And I love all of their names. Oh and don't worry, I'm laughing too. :) Always.

    ReplyDelete