Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Moonlight Half

This year a few friends and I decided after running the Wasatch Back, running was WAY more fun in the dark than the light. So we signed up for the Mapleton Moonlight half. What a fun run. Your goal is to (with no watches or timing devises of the sort) figure out how long it is going to take you to finish 13.1 miles before midnight (hence the name). You could leave anytime after 9 where the buses dropped you off up the canyon. First 4 to finish AT or as close midnight not before...WON! My Aunt, Uncle, cousin and her husband had done it last year and they were amazing!

Well my friend Misty and i were pretty dang good and came in together at 12:05 a.m. Not placing in the top 4 but still we rocked! I was so happy to have beat my last years half time by 10 minutes.


What a great group of girls. We had such a fun time! I will for sure do this run again. I will also be a bit more wise and take my headlamp :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how fun! I would die for some nights like this... wish I was there to be a part of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest idea - I love it! Now I just need to learn how to run 13.1 miles in one sitting. I've been running on my treadmill 3-4 days a week for probably a year now, and I'm super stoked if I can make it to 2 miles. What gives? Anyway, you are bad to the bone.

    ReplyDelete