Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bow hunting & wood cutting

Now with Kevin bow hunting the last few years instead of his hunts starting in its usual October they now start in August. I cant complain this is what he loves doing and he certainly deserves it. The last couple of years he heads up with my brother Riley and his buddies first weekend of the hunt. This year on the 2nd weekend of the bow hunt Kev took Tyson and Davis with him up Skyline to do a little father and sons hunting. I can not tell you how excited they were to go with there dad by themselves up hunting like real men do :). They hiked ALOT, ate like mountain men, and even though they were unsuccessful they didn't seem to care at all.

Looking at them here i don't see how they didn't get anything???? They were so hidden and quiet.













The following Monday the rest of us came up to chop some wood. We love doing this together. Hard work but lost of hands make for light work ( that's really why i had 5 kids). Kev cut down a tree so big the crash echoed in the mountains. It was so fun watching such a big tree fall and the kids were obviously very impressed. While Kev cut away the kids and i packed the trailer. They were awesome. We left with one huge load.

I love this Guy. And when working O boy is he hot!!!





Our Final load.







4 comments:

  1. The next time you need a family project you can come to my house and fold laundry. It doesn't matter when you come... there will always be a huge pile just waiting for you. I know... I'm such a good person to provide you and your children with this opportunity to serve. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say this every time I see an outdoor post you put on here but it is the truth...I wish we had mountains to go camping, etc!

    Your boys are so cute in their camo! What a fun trip!

    BTW...I got an email from you, it was spam I think someone has hacked into your email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!! I didn't know you HAD a blog! Fun stuff! That pic of your kids up top is PRECIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, think you got enough wood there?! That's awesome. Oh, and the 6-year-old in me would have totally been impressed with Kevin cutting a giant tree down. I'll have to get Lance to learn that one. :)

    ReplyDelete