Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Skyline Campout

Everyone seems to have there spot where they frequent for camp outs. Ours is Skyline and usually it's with the Carter clan. We will camp here at few times throughout the summer. We play, relax, eat yummy dutch oven, hike, and make awesome memories with family.

Kev and I love to Dutch oven and always are trying new things. This was my first time making biscuits from scratch in the DO. They were SOOOOOO yummy and I (as you can see from the pic) was so very proud.

Last year we went to Electric lake with the kids and played and had a good time. This year we went to Goosberry and better planned. Nate's dad hooked us up with these canoe like rafts. Thanks to Shane and Roni for hauling them up for us. We had a blast!


Kev was as much a kid as the actual kids. He played in the rafts the WHOLE time. Him and Had were show offs too. There lucky i am not in this photog ;)





Mary and Davis were very content together walking up and down the shoreline finding all kins of discoveries. The kids loved having grandma there.

And last but not least you can never leave without bringing home a little bit of see weed. regardless of how it may be attached.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post Shar! Camping really is the best! Those biscuits look sooo yummy! I love your cute family and wish more than anything I lived right next to you with my own set of goats! Miss you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I not own a dutch oven?! Oh yeah, it's because I'm lame. I need to quit being lame and get myself a dutch oven, cuz looking at your pictures is making my mouth water. I really need to get to work on creating a family and going camping with them - my best memories from childhood were of camping for sure. You're so good to create such awesome memories for your kids - they'll thank you for it when they're older. Oh, and P.S. could you adopt me? I won't be any trouble.

    ReplyDelete