Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweet swimmin

Once again summer comes and I automatically miss the good old summer days at Grandma Worthington's pool swimming. Before she sold her house the kids and I would go up at least once a week to swim. So i just thought they will learn to swim (by swim I mean not drown and tread water) with as much as we would go up here. The thing I tell my kids is they don't have to love swim lessons or to swim (which they all do) but they HAVE to know the basice of swim and staying above water incase they ever had to save themselves (heaven help me they don't). So this is the second year Hadlie, and Ty's, have taken swim lessons. This was Davis and Cole's first. At the place we take lessons (Ruth's) you have to be 5 so Rhett will start next year.

Hadlie HATES swim lessons. LOVES to swim but can not understand why she needs lessons. Hanging on the side of the pool while in deep water is going to be just fine even when she is a teenager..she has informed me of this. Lessons to her are just DUMB! Not so great attitude towards this particular event. When they went on to diving she said to me "we have to Dive?" "When will diving help save my life?" And she is only 10..cant wait for the teen years :) However with all this being said she did GREAT! I was o proud of her. She can swim quiet well and most importantly tread water in the deep end for 3 minutes with NO help or side of the pool! YESSS!
Tyson, Tyson. This kid loves swim lessons and would go and go and go. However when they go into such proper swim techniques he just wanted to swim..no more lessons. Hes not trying to be a professional swimmer he told me. His frog legs were quiet hilarious to say the least. But he as well did so good and can swim and tread water like I wanted to do. Another YESSSS!
Davis was just happy to be there and in the water. He is a good little swimmer and has no fear! Loves to hold his breath under water and gives it his all. I love that about him. I think he also likes being there to make friends and socialize. He passed to the next level and was so happy and cant wait to go again.
Being the 4th child Cole is up for anything his older sibling may be doing. He has been a serious fish since he was a baby and not only want's to be in the water but PLAY the whole time. Talk about a water logged child at the end of a day at the pool.
Cole payed such great attention to his swim instructors and took it all very seriously. He wanted to pass so bad and go on to a new class. He did pass and would go back to lessons tomorrow.
His cousin Cassidy (also one of his best little friends) was in his class. He thought that was pretty cool too. We may be done with swim lessons but not swimming. Summer still has a bit of time left and if my kids have anything to say about it we will be frequenting Payson pool often.


2 comments:

  1. We should meet at the Payson pool sometime. I can go on wednesdays or fridays. Let me know! It's always more fun going with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents never took me swimming/taught me to swim, so I've always said that I'll have my kids in swimming lessons the minute they pop out. Good work!

    ReplyDelete