Why this awesome event you may wonder? Well here is the story summed up. Back in 1983 (Kev and I were toddlers) there was tonz of flooding going on through out the whole state of Utah. Well Genola got hit as well. Now the best part is (really its NOT the best part) was it naturally flows right down 8th south...our road! And where it flowed is where our homes our built. It also affects people who are farmers and have orchards of trees that will be destroyed if flooded. Well with the totals higher in 2011 than in 1983 the scare was there and the town gathered to fill sand bags to protect our homes.
I have to be honest i was very touched today. Sounds corny but the pictures don't do justice to the people who showed up to help! I could not believe how many came who may not have even known any of us on our road but were there doing service and really cared and wanted to help. People from every age group were digging, bagging, tieing, the saying "Many hands make light work" sure held true!
car accident orlando yesterday
3 years ago
I hope that all the prep work will help everywhere! I don't think we're near a flood zone but I am still worried. I had a bad dream last year that our house flooded. :(
ReplyDeleteOoh, yikes! If more sandbags are needed, I'll be down there in a jiffy! I'm always in need of an excuse to exercise, so don't hesitate to call!
ReplyDelete