Tuesday, June 22, 2010

RUN. DRIVE. SLEEP? REPEAT.

My friend Misty invited me to join her Ragnar group to run the Wasatch back ( a 188 mile relay race from Logan to Park City) I was pretty confident in my running skills and abilities to handle this race. Well lets just say it was quiet the experience i will NEVER forget! And boy o boy were those thought put to the test.

Here is our awesome group of Women i would soon have the opportunity to spend the next 36 hours with. We all look very excited, and we were. We hadn't started yet.

See more enthusiasm! I love these happy women, and Kurt (Jenny's husband who became one of us very fast..really he had no choice we needed a good team mom and he was just the guy :))

The Honey Bucket. Really? They name it like its a pleasant thing. Being so far from that no one was excited to have to step foot in there. However it was Honey Bucket or the trees. Now if your Melissa it was a little of both. Hey a girls got to do what a girls got to do. (Pic courtesy of Misty who new i was soooo excited to have to go in there and left her with my camera terrified it might fall in the "Honey" ughh.)

So thought I was going to die of the heat. I swear the heat tried to kill me. Really it did. But have no fears there was Kurt flag in hand (safety first ya know. If not 3 strikes your out) crossing dangerous terrain supplying our water making sure we were good to go. If you weren't o.k. well keep on runnin that's why we were here right.

Rylee getting ready for her run/early dinner of eating large quantities of dirt. What a women! She rocked her run! Misty was also excited for her "knee Jarring" run down hill after Rylee. They name these runs to get you excited.


At this point we had made our first car exchange so team #2 was on there way and we got a nice little break before our night run. Jenny had gotten real sick and could not run anymore. So between Melissa and Misty they took her 2 runs and did our car proud! We missed her and our team mom Kurt.

Rylee is trying to look tired here. Really she is saying "I will run anyones leg who doesn't want to" but we were not going to give her that opportunity. Especially myself who loves the dark and for that matter running in the dark all by myself.

Smiling? Yes I am. I was not eaten by a creature. Captured by a monster. Nor did i fall off a cliff. I only scared myself 15 times with my own headlight and shadow. YES!!!!!
This may not look comfortable to some but you will sleep where and when you can. And if this girl didn't get her sleep she was the only bear I was worried about getting eaten by. Just kidding. No I'm not. O.k. I am...a little.


So this is what I now call JordenHELL! Yep that's right. I am going too see if they will change the name permanently for my sake. 12:45 in the afternoon this run was NOT my friend! At this point I had lost my Mp3 player with all my AWESOME music. Well I was so very fortunate to have dear Misty give me her ipod to get me through this hell of a run. I got through it alright. How couldn't I jamming to Willie Nelson, John Denver, and Billy Ray to name a few. Jealous? I bet you are. When you think you cant go anymore and Billy breaks out with Achy Breaky Heart. You know you can climb any mountain!

This was my last exchange from me to Julie who was so excited for this to be her last run too.


Yes we are now done! With only 4 of us left and still alive. What a blast! Seriously I love these girls. They made me laugh sooo hard the whole time. I wouldn't have changed our team for anything! And yes i would love to do it again.
People have been asking what place we took. If i remember correctly I think we took 1st place over all. IF i remember correctly. But alot of that 36 hours is still a blur so ya know :) Go Devilish Dozen!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Shar!!! How fun is that! I wish I could have run with you guys too. Your such a hot momma!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I am so running with you next year....NOT! I was really tempted though after reading your post. Oh wait I would probably be an AWESOME team mom though. Watch out Kurt, you have some competition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, 1st? That's amazing! I'm just tired thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Kayla..You just gave me a good laugh..We could have only hoped for first more like 131St lol

    ReplyDelete