Monday, January 25, 2010

Beehive Brawl Baby 2010

We headed down to Richfield on Friday the 22nd for the Utah Nationals Beehive Brawl.This is the biggest Wrestling event we participate in the wrestling season. We went for the first time last year and had such a fun time. My mom and dad are so wonderful and kept Cole and Rhett, Had and Davis tagged along. Its pretty sad how much we DONT get out and they were so excited to swim ( a total of 2 hours) in the hotel pool. I am pretty sure Ty's was trying to sleep off his hunger. He had not eaten all morning so he would make weigh ins. His bracket was 64 lbs. I was certain he would be fine but he was awfully concerned he would weigh in heavier. I felt so bad at breakfast reminding him not to eat. I was a very good mom though. I waited until he left to indulge in my own breakfast.



He made weight just great at 62 lbs and couldn't wait to get to Wingers and EAT!!!!


I told Tyson next time we will stop off at the gas station and buy him a bag of popcorn instead of dinner since he filled up on popcorn and never touched his turkey sandwich. I can't complain though it made for a great snack back at the hotel later that evening :)







Then the fun began. Swimming at the hotel (remember the 2 hours of fun.) Our kids had a blast. There were some friends we wrestle with and there kids there too, so our kids were way excited and had a great time.











On Saturday we were up and at em bright and early to head out and wrestle! We checked out of the hotel and were to the Sevier Valley Center at 7:30 a.m. Ty's first match was a by which means he didn't wrestle for a very looong time. His first match was #33


He lost his first match and won his next four and took third place out of a 16 man bracket. Kev and I were so proud of him. He did awesome!



He gets his moves and muscles from me





Coray has always been a great coach to Tys and a great help to Kev in understanding rules points etc. Its a pretty intense sport and ALOT to understand. i.e. don't ask me anything. I just yell out incorrect moves to do or say get up, get up if needs be, or squeeze and dont let go thats my personal fav!

Kevin and Coray



Its always good to have a buddy there. Davis and Layne were great entertainment for eachother.




My Buddy Hadlie



Riley Noble 1st, Tyson Carter 3rd, and Zach Warren 4th...No idea where 2nd was?



Payson Rocked as a team. They had over 50 boys go down and most placed. They also received 1st place in the 8 and under division, 2nd in another(in which i cannot remember), and Riley Loveless our couches son took outstanding wrestler.





Proud Parents






Way to go Buddy! Good Job!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shareen! Thanks for the blog invite. You have a darling family, it will be fun to see little updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you FINALLY gave in and decided to blog. Can't wait to see what other shenanigans you guys get in to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a professional blogger now. 4 posts in less than 2 months. Very Impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend for the 5 of you to go down together! Can't believe how grown up your kids are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Shar!! I am so happy to finally see your cute blog! I knew it was only a matter of time! You have the best life, I just love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you guys ever need to learn some new wrestling moves just let me know. I'm super tough and could probably kick anyone's trash on the mat. Oh yeah....

    ReplyDelete