Kevin and i have been married now for 13 years! Holy moly i know. And i cannot tell you how great these years together have been. I love him so much and could not ask for a better husband, dad to our kids, and best friend! Through the good, bad, and the ugly at times ( gettin a little Clint Eastwood on ya)
we seem to make it through because we are just awesome like that!
So how did we spend our anniversary this year you ask? Well the same way we have celebrated the past 5. On the Mountains hunting of course. May not sound like fun to alot of women out there but for the past few years Kevin has drawn a bow tag and its my rifle tag and my hunt. I really HAVE to pull Kevin's leg to get him up there you know. It just kills him to hike around all day with his lovely wife
and be in nature for the weekend. I know he is dying to go to a spa for relaxation. However he manages just fine. I on the other hand sometimes question what i am doing. Until i get up there and remember like a little child how much i too enjoy hunting and being with my best friend.
Opening morning we hadn't seen much but i have to say we traveled some awesome country and really had quiet enjoyed ourselves. We came back to camp and took a breather then set out for the evening. Well amongst the bitter cold and me hiding behind Kevin the BEST i could we began to watch these cute little does. We had seen alot that evening and these were actually pretty close. When all of a sudden i said to Kevin " Did you see that?" I swear i think he thought i was seeing things until he verified "Shareen that is a nice little 2 point." He was setting up my shooting sticks and i was freaking out a bit and so was he (he gets just as excited as if it was his hunt) This would only be the second deer i had shot and i was so nervous because it was a 348 yard shot! Yes 348 yards i will brag for awhile about it and document it in this here blog. :) I got set up and shot. It ran..so we thought. Well to shorten this up we HIKED our arses off up this HUGE hill to make sure i had or hadn't shot this buck. Kevin now at this point was reassuring me "you probably just wounded it and we are going to have to track him"...YEAH about 1 hour till dark and we get to track this guy...Saweet (i say very sarcastically) Well as were inching closer and both of us are doubting what moments ago was excitement. And then Kevin yells out. You shot him Shar, you shot him. I let out a hoop and a holler and was super excited to have shot this guy.
So how did we spend our anniversary this year you ask? Well the same way we have celebrated the past 5. On the Mountains hunting of course. May not sound like fun to alot of women out there but for the past few years Kevin has drawn a bow tag and its my rifle tag and my hunt. I really HAVE to pull Kevin's leg to get him up there you know. It just kills him to hike around all day with his lovely wife
and be in nature for the weekend. I know he is dying to go to a spa for relaxation. However he manages just fine. I on the other hand sometimes question what i am doing. Until i get up there and remember like a little child how much i too enjoy hunting and being with my best friend.
Vance and Hunter were pretty close to where we were and came over to help. Boy was i glad they were there to help pull him out for the first little while. Kev insisted they go hunt before it got dark and that him and i could get him pulled out on our own. Well we got him out alright through THICK sagebrush, over large tree stumps, and HELL! Yep that's right. Soon it was DARK and I was wishing i had not shot this dumb thing! I was scared to death and Kevin played on my emotion until he realized he had to deal with me...served him right! I thought we were lost and would NEVER get out! Kev reassured me our hunting party would NOT leave us and he knew where we were. I think that was the first time i doubted him...but yes he for the first time was right and we made it out safe and sound and ok we werent lost. Oh and i got an antler that poked through my pants and broke skin . It hurt like the dickens i tell you! But the kids thought the war wound it was pretty wicked.
Vance shot his deer that morning and Rod and I that evening. I should say we did pretty well! Hunter that week also shot a nice buck.
We had a great hunt and Kevin, I mean WE cant wait to go next year. We will have Hadlie to join us...good times await us!
We had a great hunt and Kevin, I mean WE cant wait to go next year. We will have Hadlie to join us...good times await us!
No comments:
Post a Comment